Imagine Life as a Game
Imagine life as a game in which you are juggling some five balls in the air. You name them – work, family, health, friends and spirit and you’re keeping all of these in the air. You will soon understand that work is a rubber ball. If you drop it, it will bounce back. But the other four balls – family, health, friends and spirit – are made of glass. If you drop one of these, they will be irrevocably scuffed, marked, nicked, damaged or even shattered. They will never be the same. You must understand that and strive for balance in your life.
- Comparing yourself with others will undermine your worth. The beauty is that we are different and each of us is special.
- Setting goals by what other people deem important is not what is necessarily best for you.
- Take time to remember the things closest to your heart. Cling to them as you would your life, for without them, life is meaningless.
- By living your life one day at a time, you will live ALL the days of your life. Living in the past or for the future will let your life slip through your fingers
- Nothing is really over until the moment you stop trying. Give while you still have something to give.
- Be strong enough to admit that you are less than perfect. It is this fragile thread that binds us to each other.
- Encounter risk with excitement. It is by taking chances that we learn how to be brave.
- Saying the love it impossible to find is the first way to shut it out of your life.
- The quickest way to receive love is to give; the fastest way to lose love is to hold it too tightly; and the best way to keep love is to give it wings.
- Running through life too fast will not allow you to remember where you’ve been, but also blind you to where you are going.
- Remember everyday that person’s greatest emotional need is to feel appreciated.
- Knowledge is a weightless treasure that you can always carry easily. Appreciate your learning opportunities.
- Use your time and choose your words carefully. Neither can be retrieved.
- Life is a journey to be savored each step of the way. Slow down. It is not a race.